Friday, 5 July 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips - Review


 Hello Buddies!!
Today I am going to do my first review post! Hope you all like and benefit from it!
This post is about the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm!
It has been talked about everywhere and I was just waiting for it to launch in U.A.E.
 So obviously, when I saw it in the Maybelline counter, I couldn't resist and bought two of them. As far as I have seen, there are only three shades available here.
I decided to buy the shade 'Cherry Me' and 'Pink Punch'


I bought these for price AED 15 each from, Mushrif Mall - Lulu
According to website, Maybelline claims that these lip balms moisturizes lips for a full 8 hours and renews it in 1 week.
 The first thing you'd notice are the adorable packaging and the cute names each shade has. It reminds me of the toy makeup you get with barbie dolls. 
I like the scent of these balms and they glides on smooth. 
I personally prefer the 'Cherry Me! shade as it gives my lips a reddish pinkish tint which I love.
The 'Pink Punch' shade looks very frosty on me, and I don't use it much! To be honest, I don't really prefer this as a lip balm. I use it more like a gloss.
When I wore this alone, it wore off fast (did not last 8hrs). Also once it wore off, my lips felt dry again. Usually that should not happen with lip balms. 
I did not feel any renewed lips condition after one week of use.
I use this with my usual Sebamed lip balm now and it feels better that way.
The 'Wow' factor
  • Budget friendly.
  • Gives lips a lovely glossy tint.
  • Nice, soft fragrance.
The 'Ugh' factor
  • Wears off within 2-3 hrs.
  • Not much moisturizing.
  • Did not feel any renewal in a week.
Buy again?
Yes I will definitely buy the 'Cherry Me' Shade. I love this for the sheer color it gives to my lips.

Recommend it?
If you are looking for a lip balm, I would not recommend this.
You can buy this if you like the sheer lip gloss effect it gives.
If you have used these, do tell me what's your take on this lip balm. I would love to hear!

Bubye!

6 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Abi!. I didn't know it had launched here in UAE. I will check it out too. Thank you. Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear...do let me know how you feel about it :) <3

      Delete
  2. Hey abi.if this doesnt gives any benefits of a lip balm n u use it as gloss...y don't u try out the rimmel royal gloss ..its with different flavours im using the candy luscious. ..n belive me the scent..the taste is marvellous...n it even stays for long n softens my lips...n u know how some glosses are sticky ..well this is not at all .u feel to taste it every time you put. .
    And for balm the palmers cocoa butter formulla is good...
    But I would like to give a try for cheery punch
    Thank a ton for this information

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey...thanx for ur suggestion...
      I will definitely check out the Rimmel Lip gloss....i prefer glosses which dnt feel sticky...so i think i will like it...
      About the palmers lip balm...i hav used it before, but the cocoa smell was too strong for me :P thats y i shifted to sebamed..
      Do let me know how you like the cherry punch...,i feel the color wud suit u well :) <3

      Delete
  3. What I just love about your blog posts is how you just sum up everything in few attractive pictures and words; to the point and fun to read!
    Loving the pocket friendly product reviews! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the appreciation dear!! It feels wonderful when I get such support! I will continue to make my posts even better.. Do let me know if there is any topic you want to to write about..

      Take care!! <3 <3

      Delete

Do drop in your comments as I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Be sure to check back, I make every effort to reply to your comments :)